This is a one-time $1,000 scholarship.
To provide educational opportunities for worthy qualified students who might otherwise be denied the opportunity for a higher education.
- Open to all students who have been a Forsyth County resident for the past two (2) years,
Member of the current graduating class intending to graduate from a Forsyth County High School, or equivalent,
- Attend an accredited college, university, or technical school,
- Demonstrate that a financial need exists. Applicant must provide a copy of completed Financial Aid Form (FAFSA) or parent’s most recent Federal Income Tax return. ** Some attention as to a student’s financial need is weighted as part of the application process.
- Scholastic ability – demonstrated by (a) grade point average and (b) scores from SAT, ACT or other recognized college testing program.
- Demonstrate leadership and good moral character,
- Letter of References – at least three (3), one of which must be from school or educator. Family references are not allowed.
- Submit application through school’s guidance counselor.
- Homeschool students – mail application directly to Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Club, PO Box 111, Cumming GA 30028
A student of the current graduation class who desires to be considered for this scholarship award should apply to the Counselor’s office of the school he or she is attending. The application will be submitted on the “Application for Scholarship Form” and accompanied by a completed “Additional Information Form.” Applications must be received by Monday, February 28, 2022.
The final selection of the students to receive this award will be made by the Scholarship Committee of the Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Club. The winners will be announced at Honors Night at the High School where the student attends. All decisions made by the Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Scholarship Committee will be considered final.
** If using a Federal Income Tax Return please black out SSN (social security number)
ELLA CLAIRE RAY attended Denmark HS. She will be attending Samford University, majoring in Nursing.
ABIGAIL (ABBY) SCHULZE attended Lambert HS. She will be majoring in Dance Performance or Integrative Biology.
CHLOE CHEN attended South Forsyth HS. She will be majoring in Business/Psychology.
ANANYA UDAY attended South Forsyth HS. She will be majoring in Business/Pre-Law.
JING LIN attended Forsyth Central HS. She will be attending Yale, majoring in Biochemistry/Biophysics/Economics.
TRENT WRIGHT attended Forsyth Central HS. He will be majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
KATHLEEN DALY attended Lambert HS. She will be majoring in PT/Kinesiology.
KATELYN FERRER attended Lambert HS. She will be attending Kennesaw State, majoring in Nursing.
VICTORIA (TORI) WATKINS attended South Forsyth HS. She will be attending the University of Georgia, majoring in Speech & Language Pathology.
GRAYSON LEAHY attended Forsyth Central HS. He will be attending Georgia Institute of Technology, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.