The Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Club continues to bring out the best in kids by participating in additional outreach programs.
- Bald Ridge Lodge: Optimists host monthly birthday parties for the boys as well as provide fruit once a month as a healthy snack.
- Mentor Me: The Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Club along with the Sawnee-Cumming Optimist Club host a Christmas party each year for the children and mentors. There are games, crafts, food, and photos with Santa!
- Childhood Cancer Campaign: Our Club participates in the Childhood Cancer Campaign Coin Bank. Funds are donated to the fight against childhood cancer.
* 12,000 children and teenagers will be diagnosed with cancer this year.
* 1 in every 330 Americans develops cancer before the age of 20.
In helping to support CCC, Optimist International Childhood Cancer Campaign focuses on four areas of service by giving:
• Support to children diagnosed and receiving treatment for cancer
• Support to families and care partners of children with cancer
• Support to health care and service providers
• Support for cancer research
- Forsyth-Cumming Optimist Mini-Grant: When requesting a Mini-Grant for a project please keep in mind the club’s motto “A Friend of Youth” as well as “Bringing Out the Best in Kids”. The project MUST reflect both themes. Please download the Mini-Grant application and follow submission directions.